Gibbes Green, known to many as a circle of greenery and surrounding open knolls just behind USC’s historic Horseshoe, serves as a place of reflection to Gamecocks past and present. As an area close enough to the heart of campus that it is accessible, but tucked away just far enough from the hustle and bustle of Greene Street and the Russell House, Gibbes Green plays host to a number of Gamecocks looking for a quiet minute or a moment of tranquility. Traditionally, the area now known as Gibbes Green was used as a park lined with pine trees, featuring a baseball field for a period of time after 1838. As the University of South Carolina grew around it, the Green condensed to what is now considered to be the quaint little circle of flora and surrounding landscaped space behind McKissickMuseum. With so much tradition as a place to relax, think, and ponder, it sounds like the perfect place to build a new tradition. One marked with pride, reflection, and featuring our favorite-feathered mascot.